Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2nd, 2016: Vacation Day #2: Zoo Day

Today was the day we chose to go the Zoo. I've been looking forward to it for more than Two Years! I haven't been since I was a kid and really wanted to go. I've put it off over and over because I knew I wouldn't be able to physically handle it. But today was the day.

Jamie woke up at the butt crack of dawn...literally...like 6 or something. Who does that on vacation? Only my hubby! Lol! I finally rolled out of the way to firm bed (it kept making my hips go numb, so I didn't sleep well) around 7. We kind of had a lazy morning because it was raining and according to the forecast it was supposed to be mostly passed by 11. I brought Oatmeal from home, so I made that and then packed a cooler with our lunch and snacks and we got everything packed up and ready and headed out around 10:30.

We dropped Molly off for her very first day at Doggy Daycare. They had agreed to just leave her in her kennel, so I wasn't too worried at all. The people were SUPER nice and everything went great. Off to the Zoo we go....

We got there a little after 11 and decided to go ahead and go in, and come back to the car later for lunch. I was so proud, because we found a spot on the street with free parking and just had to walk a little extra and that felt soooooo good!

Gladly I brought some snacks that didn't have to be refrigerated, because we ended up further and further from the entrance we came in and didn't want to waste time going back! We got to watch a super cute Sea Lion Show, and pet Stingrays and then look at all the other cool animals. My favorite is the Kitties!! A.K.A. the Lions & Tigers. I could've stayed there all day! I love them so much! They are so Majestic!! My second favorite is the Giraffe...they had them caged inside today and it made me so sad. They had such a small space to move in! But they were so sweet! One of them kept bending down and looking right at me! I needed to pet her! But....I think that's frowned upon....lol.

At the end of our trip we rode the train, because we had bought passes and hadn't been on it the whole time because we didn't know they closed at 5! So I got my 10k steps in before we left. That's my goal, no less than 10k per day!! I don't know how that will go for Convention, but when I'm not there, I can make it happen for sure!
These are some of my favorite pics I took today. :)
After we left the Zoo, we went on the hunt for Mexican Food. We went by two different ones that looked good, but they were soooo packed we would've had to walk a mile to get to them. Nope...my feet were already broke. I had 1,000 calories left, and I wanted a yummy dinner!

We ended up at an El Tapatio. We have those at home, but this one was NOT like home. Everything was just better! More flavorful! Soooo good! I ordered the La Gaviota (chicken, cheese & rice) because I know it has about 500-600 calories. And then I had chips & salsa...but, I still had plenty of calories left....so....they had a taco special for regular beef tacos for a buck. So I got one. BEST. DECISION. EVER.  I have NEVER eaten a Taco that tasted so amazing! They actually Season their ground beef (none of our local Mexican Restaurants do) AND they Made their Own taco shells. Omg...my mouth is watering just thinking about that Taco. I so wish I would've just ordered a few of those for my meal! Lol. I didn't finish all of the La Gaviota so I know I stayed pretty close to the calories I counted. Hopefully. I think. Ok, Idk...that's why eating out is so hard!

After we ate, we picked up our Molly girl and she was SOOO happy to see us! Lol. They said she did great, so I'm glad, since she'll be going back tomorrow. She is now passed out, belly up, on our hotel bed that she has claimed her portion of. Lol. So she must not be scarred for life.

Here's the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
2 packets of Straw & Cream Oatmeal = 260 cals

Lunch (if that's what you want to call it)
Pretzel Sticks & Freeze Dried Apples = 170 cals

Dinner 
La Gaviota, Beef Taco, Chips & Salsa = 895 cals (I honestly think that's too high since I didn't finish the main part, but oh well)


That puts me at 1325 total for the day. Good stuff. I feel great about it.
And now...I must pass out. Except I need a shower...boo. Lol...Thanks for tuning in! Talk to you after tomorrow's adventures. (No idea what we are doing yet, ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment