Friday, August 5, 2016

August 5th: Vacation Day 5: The Struggle Is Real!

I just want you all to know just how hard this week has been for me. Because I found myself feeling sorry for myself earlier today. I brought apple slices and boiled eggs with me to the Convention, because my philosophy is, why eat when I'm NOT hungry and then end up with a ton of extra calories later when I'm actually hungry. So, I've been bringing pre-cut boiled eggs in a bowl and apple slices to munch on when I actually do feel more in the mood for breakfast. Today, the general session was so packed that I just ate my apple slices and didn't mess with the eggs. Plus I didn't want people seeing me whip out some eggs in the middle of a big ole stadium...that would be awkward. Lol

So after this session it was time for lunch. I left my lunch box in our hotel room with the understanding that Jamie would grab it and bring it to me and we could visit on my lunch break. Well....he got confused and brought my dinner for tomorrow night. I could have eaten it...but then what would I eat tomorrow night? We don't have much time at all in between and I want to be able to get changed and find a good seat!

So I go out to meet him and he proudly hands me my dinner for tomorrow. I seriously freaked out. I had a million thoughts racing through my head. What am I going to eat? If I eat that I will have to figure out something for tomorrow! He could go back and get my lunch but then my lunch break will be over. I can't get anything healthy in the Convention Center. Maybe I can just skip lunch. Oh but I'm so hungry!

Yea...you get the point. My world revolves around control of my food choices and I had Zero control at that moment. After I got my barrings and quit having a little freak out moment, I decided to eat my boiled eggs and I had some pretzels in my bag. We were going to be let lose for dinner at 5:30, so I can make it until then. Crisis averted. I also had some roasted almonds and a smoothie, because I was still hungry and had a Ton of calories left. Plus that gave me a major boost of protein.

For dinner I was kidnapped...haha. My Upline leaders through Younique took me to dinner. I've been threatened not to name any names but this one lady who shall remain nameless (starts with a B, ends in eth) forced me into a yummy Italian Restaurant that had amazing food and I ate a million calories and now I'm going to be fat forever. Haha...ok, not really. Italian sounded AMAZING to me. And I got to try something new! Well 2 somethings...Fried Ravioli's (yum) and Chicken Carbanara (no idea how to spell that properly and I'm too tired & lazy to look it up). I did pretty good and didn't get too crazy with the calories, so I'm good.

Here's the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
Protein Shake, and Apple Slices = 180  cals

Lunch 
2 boiled eggs, pretzels & a Strawberry, Peach, Orancecycle Smoothie = 497 cals

Snack
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds = 140 cals

Dinner
Side salad w/chicken & Ranch, Chicken Carbanara, 2 toasted ravioli, 2 small wedges of Italian Bread = 779 cals

That put me at 1596ish for today. And that's a wrap! Thanks for tuning in. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the blog tomorrow night, the awards ceremony is supposed to go pretty late tomorrow night and I may just crash afterward. No promises. But I love you for supporting me on this crazy journey and I hope you aren't bored to tears from all of my jabbering. ;) Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment