Monday, August 29, 2016

August 29th, 2016: 20,000 Views!

First off, I want to start by acknowledging YOU, my amazing readers!! My blog hit 20,000 views with my post last night! You guys really have no idea how much your support and love really motivates me and helps me on my journey. I really feel like I have the most amazing support system and I meet new and amazing people all the time! You ROCK!!

Today was a typical Monday for me, other than I got TWO compliments on how I looked today by like 8:05, haha, that's a great way to start your day! My boss asked me if I changed something, and I was like, ummmm...well I opened a new Mascara today! Haha!! Then I shared with her about the new Instant Uplift Serum I tried and the new Mask. I still can't get over that darn mask. My face still feels amazing! Lol.

So my little 3 year old nephew started Pre-K today! That's a big event for us! Lol. He is getting so big, so fast! Just a few short months ago he was extremely speech delayed, and then something lit up and him and he started trying to say everything! He's still a little behind, but I can't wait to see what the folks at the Pre-K center do for him! He is SUCH a smart boy, he just has a hard time getting what he's trying to tell you OUT. I love him and his brother to pieces!
I mean seriously! How stinking cute is he!? Lol, and if you'll look in the left corner there, you'll see my little man (Milo) in the window, super jealous of this photo session. Haha!!

After work I headed to the Chiropractor then on to the gym. I only have today and tomorrow to workout at the gym because they are doing their Fall Cleaning and are closed from Wednesday through next Monday! What ever will I do with myself!!!????!!! LOL! I definitely have to take Wednesday off, because I haven't had one off since last Monday, but I also have some pictures to edit, so I need that time. I plan on doing some at home workouts and hopefully some walking to stay active during my gym forced hiatus! Lol

So once I arrived at the gym, my sister was already there and had done her leg exercises, so I went right in and got busy on mine. I smashed that out. I did the Linear Leg Press last and when I got over there, there was only 1-100 pound weight on each side. So to get to the weight I did previously, I had 2-45 pound weights on top of that. Today, I wanted to see if I could do a little more. So I did what any sane person would do and I put another 100 pound weight on each side. By myself. Um...100 pounds is HEAVY when you have to lift it to chest level! I thought I was gonna break a bicep or something, but I did it! So I get on there and I lifted 518 pounds. Yup...that's cool stuff. And I did 2 sets of 10 on that too! Then I headed upstairs to walk with her. I give her props...she tried REALLY hard to get me to jog with her. Lol...but....nope....I can't do it. I am NOT a runner. I don't think. I mean I always hated that crap when I was younger, so I just can't see myself being a runner! Haha.

I did a mile..she did a little more because she jogged a little over 3 of her laps. Then we went downstairs because she really wanted to do the leg press too, she just isn't as comfortable doing her own thing as I am. While she did that, I tried this seated calf raising machine that I've never done before. It only had 40 pounds on it, so I thought, what the heck? Um...that weighed more than 40 pounds. Lol! I don't know how much because the label was gone, but it was so heavy! I did 3 sets of 10 on there because it REALLY helped stretch out my feet and I need that so much for the Plantar Faciitis that I have.

After all of that mess it was time to head home.

Here is the breakdown of my leg exercises for today:

Seated Leg Curl - 3 sets of 10 on 90 pounds
Hip Abduction - 3 sets of 10 on 220 pounds
Hip Adduction - 3 sets of 10 on 200 pounds
Seated Leg Press (full legs) - 3 sets of 10 on 200 pounds
Seated Leg Press (toe raises) - 3 sets of 10 on 100 pounds
Leg Extension - 3 sets of 10 on 80 pounds
Linear Leg Press - 2 sets of 10 on 518 pounds
Calf Raises - 3 sets of 10 with 40 pounds

I hurt. I hurt in the best way possible. Muscles are growing, skin is ever so slowly tightening. And I really feel like I've GOT this!

I came home, cooked a really yummy dinner and watched a tiny bit of TV and now...I'm ready for bed! Thank God I already prepped my lunches for this week because I do NOT feel like messing with any of that.  But it really was a super great Monday! I hope yours was too. :)

Here's the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
An orange and two packs of Peaches & Cream Oatmeal = 305 cals

Lunch
Turkey chunks, Cottage Cheese, 1 string cheese, broccoli & cauliflower dipped in yummy veggie dip and some big ole plump red grapes = 439 cals

Snack on the way home from the gym
Two servings of Multiseed Crackers = 260 cals

Dinner
Balsamic Glazed Chicken & Mushrooms, Green Beans, and corn on the cob = 386 cals



So that put me at 1390 calories for the day. Good stuff. Thanks for tuning in friends! We'll talk tomorrow....after I torture myself a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment