Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 18th, 2106: We Can't Always Be Perfect!

Well, today was a good day. Work was good, I got a lot a catching up done. It always feels good to get caught up doesn't it? I know it does to me. I hate feeling like I'm constantly rushing and going crazy trying to catch up. It turns me into a basket case! Lol...like, no joke, I have felt like a crazy ditzy girl all week! But today, I felt soooo much better! I'm headed into my slowest week of the month, so it feels great to get everything going.

After work, I headed to the Chiro, then the gym. I got to meet a couple of really nice ladies and talk about makeup, and then on to Zumba. It was a good class. I didn't burn as many calories as I wanted, mostly because my knee was feeling pretty funky and I'm always a little afraid of overdoing the twisting and stuff when it's feeling that way. I don't want to take a chance of re-injuring it and getting myself in a world of trouble. So I took it kind of easy.

See, that's my, "I'm having a good day" face. Haha
I came home and went straight to work on cooking dinner. I felt like I was starving! I ate dinner and then chilled out on the couch for a bit to catch up on some Bold & Beautiful (it's important!) and I somehow ended up with a bag of Trail Mix in my hand WHICH isn't really bad for you, but it is when you eat...like....3 or 4 servings. Yup...I did that. I haven't done anything like that since I started eating healthy again. But I just kept eating and eating. It tasted SO good, and I didn't want to stop. How sad. :( I was doing so good! I think I still had less than 1800 calories today, but I honestly don't know for sure, because I didn't measure it. We can't be perfect all the time. So....I just have to make piece with it and move on with my life. And maybe do some jumping jacks before I go to bed to make up for it a little, lol.

Alight, that's all I've got for tonight. Tomorrow is Friday and I am soooo ready!! People always talk about struggling more with diet and exercise on the weekends, Shoot! Not me! Those are my BEST days! I don't get it at all. I feel more energy and get my workouts in early so that I can feel accomplished for the day! Especially Saturdays! Haha... And something about staying busy throughout the day just helps me keep from feeling like I want to snack all the time.

Anywho...here is the breakdown for my food choices today:

Breakfast
PB Smoothie = 210 cals

Lunch
Turkey, baby carrots cottage cheese, 2 string cheese, peach yogurt = 415 cals

Dinner
Petite Sirloin Steak, Roasted Red Potatoes, Boiled Broccoli = 441 cals

It's ok to be jealous, it was amazing! Lol


Too much Trail Mix = Aprox 420 cals

I put my total at 1690 calories. I'm sure it's actually a little higher than that, but I just don't know. Tomorrow is a new day to make better food choices. I REFUSE to let that one failure dictate how I feel about my day. I had a good day until then. I WILL do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment