Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24th, 2016: Work, Chiro, Gym, Home, Repeat! Lol

Well that's another successful day in the books. Work was a little crazier because one of my co-workers was out today, so that just adds a little bit of crazy to the mix. But we survived it, and it went pretty smoothly.


I was sitting at my desk eating my carrots and celery that I had for lunch and I couldn't but think I was eating like a rabbit! Lol! I need to come up with a little more variety for my lunches, but there's something great about that consistency too. I just get bored easily. I made small little changes here and there, but I really like how much protein and how little carbs are in my lunches right now. It makes me not feel as guilty when I get to have a higher carb dinner. Which makes me happy.

After work I went to the Chiropractor and he did an exam to check the progress. He did say that he could see some improvement and cut my visits down to two times a week. Thank Goodness! This girl is going to go broke if I keep having to go so often. My back is feeling a little better, but not as much as I was hoping.

I headed to the gym way later than I wanted, and got in a super quick 45 minute water workout with my cousins. I had a good time and definitely got my heart rate up, I just with I would have been able to stay longer. I just really am trying hard to leave the gym by 7 as many days as I can during the week so that I can get everything done and not get to bed quite so late on days that I have to work the next day.

I'm actually not going to the gym tomorrow because my momma needs me after work, so I'm going to put in double duty on Friday and Saturday to try to make up for it. I may try to get some kind of workout in at home tomorrow night depending on how late I'm out. We shall see.

I came home and made my favorite pasta dish with some chicken and actually sat down to eat before 9:00. Lol. I really wish I could move my house and my sister to Sikeston so that I didn't have that extra hour every day wasted on the road. It really hurts my feelings to be running around like a crazy person every day, but sacrifices must me made for this new life that I want for myself. I can do this. I know I can. I've been doing it for almost 3 months now. It's hard, but being unhealthy and too fat to have any kind of fun is harder. So, this will all be worth it! I already see so many small improvements that really make me happy. I'm not out of breath doing simple tasks anymore. I can put on my darn tennis shoes so much easier! My hips are starting to get smaller so that I can sit more comfortably in different places. I tell ya, it's the small stuff that keeps me going. Oh, and the best part, my clothes are finally starting to look a little loose! Yay! Lol... I have a tiny bit of stress about buying clothes just to have to get more because they get to big and I like to dress cute! I'm so used to having a pretty big closet of options, so the downsizing is going to be a little hard on me. The fun part will be being able to wear clothes that have been in my closet forever that I can' wear because they are too small. I think I even have some in storage as well. So I should be good for a while. But, the time will come, when I will have to start getting some smaller clothes. How exciting and terrifying! Lol

Alright, I'm gonna shut this down and head my butt to bed!

Here is the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
PB Smoothie = 210 cals

Lunch
Turkey, Cottage Cheese, Baby Carrots & Celery with Veggie Dip, 1 String Cheese and a Yogurt = 432 cals

Snack
Small Banana = 76 cals

Dinner
Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloin with Pesto Penne & Feta Cheese..mmmm... = 550 cals


And that puts me at 1268 calories for today. I have had quite a few people ask me how I usually cook my meat for dinner. So for anyone else who wonders... I cook it in an Iron Skillet in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. For chicken or pork I generally sprinkle it with Webers Garlic & Herb Seasoning or Strawberries BBQ Seasoning. Steak I usually season with salt & pepper or with Strawberries Steak Seasoning. Of course there are variations to this, but those are definitely the most common ways that I cook it. :) I also feel like I should note that I use Kosher Salt to cook and season with (as little as possible because of my ever swelling ankles) because it has less sodium than other salt options.

Thanks for tuning in! I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment