Saturday, September 10, 2016

September 10th, 2016: Last Chance Workout (Day)

Well if you've ever watched the Biggest Loser then you kind of know what my title is talking about. On the show, the day before their weigh-in, the contestants will have a Last Chance Workout, in which they bust some serious booty. They work out like crazy people. I always think of that when I'm working out on Saturdays. Today was no exception. I went in to Zumba and pumped out some calories, and then I did 30 minutes of intervals on the Arc Trainer. I tried REALLY hard to convince myself into letting me get off of there at the 10 minute mark....and again at the 15 minute mark....and again at the 20 minute mark...haha, you get the idea. I was NOT wanting to do it. BUT, I snuck a peak on the scale today and it seriously ticked me off!

So...I made a goal to burn a whole POUND of calories today. That means 3500 plus the amount that I ate. Which would be 5,000 if I ate 1500 calories. Well I've burnt 5,127, so I'd say mission accomplished. I beat my last Highest Steps in a Day which was 20,273...today I got 21,559.

I had a little over 10k steps when I left the gym. Then I went for my massage that was absolutely the best thing ever. I wish I could go get a massage every Saturday!! I would TOTALLY do that! I was pretty much hurting all over from just having a leg day and an arm day back to back. So I picked the perfect time to go. She seriously made my muscles feel like happy goo. Lol. I really, really loved it.

Afterward, I headed to pick my Aunt and her two daughters up and headed to a birthday party for one of my cousins kiddos. One of the daughters (my cousin) has spina bifida and has no feeling from the waste down. So I'm one of the few people who can pick her up and her wheelchair to take them places. She also generally needs two very strong people to transfer her from her wheelchair to a vehicle. But...between my Aunt and I, we got her safely into my truck. Thank the Lord!

Off to the party we went after a couple of short stops. One stop to get this hungry girl some food! I had planned ahead of time to eat at Subway for lunch, so I just had a little protein shake for breakfast to keep my calories in check.

Once we arrived at the birthday party I sat on my lazy, relaxed duff and visited for a while. As the party started winding down, my two workout buddy cousins (Jessica & Star) and I went for a walk. We kidnapped Johna, the one in the wheelchair, and made her go with us because we had been talking about how she also has to loose some weight because she is at a surgery risk and they want her to lose at least 80 pounds to be in the safe zone. So since she had her manual wheelchair, we were putting her to work! And....we almost gave her an asthma attack. Ooops. She knew her limits and cut out in enough time to be safe though, so all is well.


I walked 1 1/3 of a mile in flip-flops. 3 months ago that DEFINITELY would NOT have happened! When the party was winding down I noticed how darn close I was getting to beating my all time record high in steps, soooo....Jessica went with me and we walked and walked and walked some more, until I finally beat it! It felt great!! I love breaking records and outdoing myself and just proving to myself that I'm getting stronger every day!

After that, I needed another massage! Lol...but no, I took my Aunt grocery shopping and headed home!

Here is the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
Protein Shake = 100 cals

Lunch
Black Forest Ham on Whole Wheat Flat Bread with Veggies and light Mayo, and a bag of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips = 660 cals

Snack
Red Grapes & String Cheese = 206 cals

Dinner (lunch was late so I wasn't hungry, lol)
2 String Cheese and a Protein Energy Bar = 290 cals

That puts me at 1256 calories, and I know I said I was going to go closer to 1500 now, but maybe not on the day before weigh in...lol.

That's all I've got! Y'all have a great Sunday tomorrow!

Goodnight
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment