Sunday, September 25, 2016

September 25th, 2016: Weigh-in #15

I was nervous, yet excited to weigh in today. I burned plenty of calories at the gym this week, and despite a bit of fair food this week, I made very healthy choices for the week as a whole. After having two of the last three weeks give me a pound or less lost, I was still nervous though.

I got on the scale, and seriously saw one of my biggest fears. Only. One. Pound. Better than nothing, but NOT ok for me. I've never had this happen to me before. I did the work. It's supposed to show.

So I did a google search about plateau's...not helpful. The jest of it was this: #1 Change up your routine (I do that constantly), #2 If you are eating crap to stay under your calories, eat better (I don't do that), #3 Cut out Diet Sodas (don't drink em), #4 Count your calories (pshhh, duh!) and if you follow these guidelines you will break through your plateau unless you have a medical condition (ie: Diabetes, Thyroid Issue, PCOS, ) DING DING DING...well what if you DO have one of those?? Then what? Yea, the info out there is non-existent nearly. I did read that people with PCOS are more successful with weight-loss when they get 200 active minutes of exercise per week and at least a third of that is strength training. What a JOKE. I had almost 400 active minutes last week. Lol. And that was a LIGHT week for me.

So, I'm sure you can see my frustration here. I go to see the lady doctor in a few weeks and I'm going to talk to him about what I'm doing and what's going on. I've tried Metformin in the past and it made me sick to my stomach. But, I'm willing to try anything at this point. The Metformin is for diabetes so it helps with the insulin resistance that I get from the PCOS. I just hope he can give me some information to help me. Otherwise, I may go nuts.

I feel like I've done all this hard work for 3 weeks, sacrificed having a life, eating yummy stuff, and been sore pretty much every day, for no dang reason. It's really hard. So needless to say, I spent my late morning in tears. I ate lunch and barley made it through because I was so upset. But I picked myself up and got my crap together and headed to the gym. I had filled my cousin Jessica in on what was going on, and thankfully she came up to the Y to work out with me. I needed her. She lifts my spirits and validates my feelings. And just, straight up makes me feel better. It was exactly what I needed. We went to YPump and got our butts kicked, then headed over to Zumba and got them kicked in a totally different way, lol. Afterward I had almost 9,000 steps and she was right behind me, so we went upstairs to walk until we got our steps in. Then we headed to the sauna to sweat it out.

I left in a MUCH better mood than I arrived in. Working out does that for me. It's like those endorphins kick in and I'm good to go. We went and grabbed some groceries and then headed to Cato to see if we could find a shirt for Jess for the outing we are going to this upcoming Saturday. She found a couple of super cute shirts and I found some jeans! They have size 28's and since the 26's I bought were really snug on my thunder thighs, I decided to try a pair on. Crazy thing...they were too big. Wow. So I got a pair of 26's. They were perfect there. So yay. Except they are waaaay too long. LOL. So thankfully, I have a sister that can sew and she is taking them up for me. They came down like 2 inches past my toes! Haha.

I headed back to Dexter feeling 100% better. Dropped off my groceries and headed to Walmart for a few other things. Mom and Dad met me at home and we had us a little BBQ. I barbequed drumsticks for Jamie and I and threw some hotdogs on for them. I also cooked up some chicken for me for lunch this week and made up my lunches while the chicken legs were taking forever to cook. I love getting to spend time with them. I don't think I got enough time though. :)

Now I'm all done, haven't ate enough calories today, but I really don't even care. I did try something new today. Lipton Green Tea that has Dragonfruit and Acai and melon...yum! I added some stevia for sweetener and a fourth cup of Vanilla Almond Milk...it was sooooo good!! I think I'm in love! I also got some Vanilla Caramel Chamomile Tea to try too :)

Here's the breakdown of my food today:

Breakfast
Vanilla Light Monster Java = 100 cals

Lunch
Taco Salad = 429 cals

Snack
Salted Caramel Greek Yogurt Mousse and Amonds = 180 cals

Dinner
2 Chicken Legs w/bbq sauce, and a salad = 314 cals

Almond milk for 2 teas = 15 cals

That puts me at 1025 calories for today. Here's hoping for a great week this week. I'm going to change up my breakfasts this week. I'm burnt out on smoothies right now. I'm going to be doing my next weigh in on Saturday morning because our employee outing is that night and I am NOT counting calories that night. Very first cheat meal since I started. I probably shouldn't, but we are eating at an Italian Restaurant that has amazing bread with olive oil and seasonings and I plan to eat too much of it, so forewarning. A good Cheat Meal might actually do me some good, who know. We shall see.

Love you guys, have a great Monday tomorrow.

Goodnight!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment